Because I know you’re out there, even though I never hear much from you, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank YOU!
Despite the fact that I hardly ever receive any comments on my blog, particularly on more recent posts, I know someone is out there reading this. Well, maybe not this, but they’re definitely reading something around here. And to them I’d just like to say “Thank You”. It’s because of you that I started writing, and continue to write, this blog. It’s the thought of you that makes me endure. Hopefully I’ve helped you, informed you, possibly educated you, and sometimes maybe even entertained you. I hope I have. It’s what I set out to do. But, you know, I could do it much better if you’d tell me what you want!
So, another year draws to a close, and what do we have to show for it…
- Well, I’ve managed to post 30 blogs (so far, not including this one) this year, which isn’t too shabby.
- I’ve gotten about 13 comments, so I definitely know someone’s out there reading at least some of my posts. In fact, most of them have been on one blog from last year: No Network Access – Avast To Blame.
- I stopped blogging on Weebly because the system was too clunky in comparison to WordPress, and it was too annoying and time-consuming to have to post my blogs to both. Weebly serves simply as a base site now (which I’m planning on re-re-remodelling/reconstructing without Weebly at some stage).
- I’ve still been posting stuff on deviantArt every month.
- I posted a nifty program I wrote for others to use, including source code.
- I’ve started writing all my blog posts in Markdown, to make consistent formatting a bit easier.
- And I’ve gotten absolutely no more survey responses!! (I don’t even know why I act surprised about that….)
A few other blog stats:
- The busiest month of views I got was this March, when I got just under 1000 views in one month (averaging ~30 a day!), which I’m guessing was probably at least partly because it was the month TLBD finished, and I had the ORIGINAL, most COMPLETE list!
- The top 5 most viewed post of this year were all post from last year.
If you want to hear some more stats about my blog this year (like last year), you can read WordPress’ fun little graphical review about it at the link below: 2013 In Blogging Annual Review.
As for next year, I’m taking a leaf out of CommunityChannel‘s book and setting a solid schedule for myself to post blogs to, so there’s no more excuses or stretching of deadlines. I’m aiming to have a new blog up by 5pm AEST each Saturday (or every second, depending on workload). I’m also hoping to get a bit more flowthrough and conversation going on social media by Tweeting, Fbing and Tumbling stuff I find as soon as I find it, so that following me is a bit more meaningful for you!
Now that MiiVerse is out for the 3DS, you can follow me there too, if you’d like…Hopefully I’ll post screenshots and mini-reviews of whatever I’m playing, every now and then. And if you like that, maybe you’d like to follow me/be my friend on Steam. I’m Nitemice on pretty much all of these places, so if you just search for that you should find it!
Anyway, like I said, thanks! Without your readership this blog wouldn’t still be going, and let’s face it, life just isn’t as fun without a secret identity to uphold! 😛
From your Friendly Neighbourhood
Merry Christmas Nitemice.
Merry Christmas to you too, random stranger!